The team at the Center for Teaching and Learning responsible for CoursePlus works closely with the faculty and adminsitrative staff using portfolios in their degree programs. We get a lot of requests for enhancements and improvements to the portfolio, and we work hard to make as many of those requests happen. To that end, here's a list of changes we've made to the portfolio tool in the first academic term:
- There is now a "Return to Student as Incomplete" workflow for touchpoints which require advisor approval. If an advisor marks a touchpoint as "Incomplete - Send Back to Student," the student is notified and can see the faculty feedback on the relevant touchpoint page. The student can then make adjustments and return the touchpoint to the advisor for additional review. A history of student reflections and advisor comments is displayed to both students and advisors.
- Touchpoint display on the main student view has been modified so that if there are more than five (5) touchpoints in a program, only touchpoints that are due in the next 16 weeks (two academic terms) are shown, rather than all touchpoints at once. There is a button to show all touchpoints, grouped by academic year, at once. Any touchpoints that have a status of "Waiting for Student" or "Returned as Incomplete" are always shown.
- The text of each reflection prompt has been removed from the main listing of touchpoints in a student portfolio. This makes the page significantly more readable.
- The "All Touchpoint Completion for a Cohort" report for program administrators can now be exported to Excel.
- If a student has set up a bio-sketch publishing view, a link to that bio-sketch is now also available in the program administrator when you look at students in a cohort.
- When a student selects a level for a competency, a checkmark briefly appears next to that competency, indicating that it has been saved.
- Program admins can now filter the overall competency report by date, so that they can see how all students in the program self-rated on competencies at a specific point in time.
- Program admins can now hide the display of entire cohorts of students from faculty advisors.
- The list of student advisees in the faculty advisor view is now grouped by cohort and cohort start year so that the most recent cohorts display first.
- Expand/collapse buttons are available on list of student advisees in the faculty advisor view so that entire cohorts can be hidden or shown at once.
- A link has been added to faculty self-service in SIS on the advisor dashboard page.
- An individual no longer needs to have the default role of "Faculty of Record" in CoursePlus in order to be added as an advisor to a cohort.
- The touchpoint type (Reflection/Task) has been removed from the main touchpoint view for students.
- The time stamp on personal journal entries now displays in 12-hour format, instead of 24-hour.
- Custom due dates now appear in the timeline view of a student portfolio, instead of the default due date for that touchpoint.
Posted by Brian Klaas at 4:00 PM - Categories: CoursePlus